Yesbook.Scot

Why the tories are getting away with their push for no deal

Forums General Discussion Why the tories are getting away with their push for no deal

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Why the tories are getting away with their push for no deal 1 Fiona Knotts 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author
    Why the tories are getting away with their push for no deal 2
    Ros
    Participant
    @rosg

George Monbiot wrote a really interesting article recently, explaining how the aggressive language the right are using more and more is effectively putting the population into a state of panic, making it difficult to think straight and  find effective solutions to the probelms we face with the push towards a No Deal Brexit

I’ve been noticing for a while how the increasingly outrageous lies and mis-truths posted by some political figures are having their reach massively increased by all the outraged people who comment and share on their social media posts

Is there any way as a movement we can become more savvy, and stop helping them to spread their lies by commenting or sharing their posts, but also ensure the real news gets the boost it needs to be seen more widely?

• This topic was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Why the tories are getting away with their push for no deal 3 Ros.
    Why the tories are getting away with their push for no deal 4
    Fiona Knotts
    Participant
    @babybunny1979

I believe that part of the reason, on Facebook particularly, is that the Tory’s have managed to shape the narrative of the fight against fake news to their favour and all news that is not put out by them is then labelled automatically as fake news, and therefore must be blocked, deleted, flagged up and prevented from getting out there. I personally laugh at anything to do with the Tory’s, I take it with a pinch of salt!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this: