Yesbook.Scot

So what next?

Forums General Discussion So what next?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by So what next? 1 Calum Carlyle 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    So what next? 2
    Fiona Knotts
    Participant
    @babybunny1979

With Westminster being up in arms with no agreement on anything, what happens next? I am personally getting tired of everything happening down south, but it will affect Scotland, and our fight for her independence. Does anyone have any insight?

So what next? 3
    Lesley M
    Participant
    @latelesley

It’s all “bread and circuses” that is going on just now. It’ll be a hard brexit. Thy can’t afford for the new EU tax laws to start picking apart their offshore arrangements. All the seeming activity is just to try an appease an angry divided populace, and save them from having their heads on spikes. It may yet happen, if prices skyrocket, and certain imported items start to become scarce when the warehouses run oot. They’ve been stockpiling for months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-47546455/warehouses-thriving-from-brexit-stockpiling

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/21/uk-biggest-toilet-roll-supplier-wepa-stockpiling-no-deal-brexit-avoid-customs-delays

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by So what next? 4 Lesley M.
    So what next? 5
    Calum Carlyle
    Participant
    @calum

Well i expect it will be a bit of pain for everyone. I know many might think this is unlikely, but what i think is we will get a hard brexit, some uprising in England and Scotland, a move towards Scottish independence, with the UK attempting to block it officially and MI5 attempting to subvert it unofficially, this time with the EU being more pro Scotland than before, but with the anti-EU faction within Scotland starting to behave more and more irrationally, and threatening not to vote Yes if the EU is what they see as a foregone conclusion. Then when and if Scotland tries to declare independence having decided support for it is high enough, perhaps by a referendum, perhaps not, the UK will attempt to send in the British army, and the Queen will have to decide whether to step in and allow it (Ireland was a century ago, so perhaps it isn’t the best rule to assume the UK actually would send in the army, but i think they probably would, especially since Scotland has no standing army or militia to counter them). Scotland might then attempt to apply to the UN for a police action, and we would then see if the international community were prepared to validate Scotland’s declaration of independence.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by So what next? 1 Calum Carlyle.
    1+
    So what next? 2
    Fiona Knotts
    Participant
    @babybunny1979

Oh God! This is scary stuff! I hate to think that England would in effect go to war with us. But they never learned from history, so it may be a matter of time before they repeat the mistakes again.

1+
    So what next? 5
    Calum Carlyle
    Participant
    @calum

Yes, nobody’s keen on the idea, I suspect, but it’s a mistake to just gloss over it and pretend it can’t happen.

Not in This Day and Age?

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this: