Yesbook.Scot

Passport SMS from UK govt

Forums Politics Discussion Passport SMS from UK govt

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Passport SMS from UK govt 1 Twitter Leaks 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Passport SMS from UK govt 2
    Calum Carlyle
    Participant
    @calum

I just received this text, from HM Passport. I assumed it was a fraudulent phishing attempt but the link actually appears to be a valid .gov.uk URL, and the page itself asks when I’m travelling, when my passport expires and my date of birth.

Has anybody else received this, and does anybody else think this is worrying?

Passport SMS from UK govt 3

• This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Passport SMS from UK govt 4 Calum Carlyle.
    Passport SMS from UK govt 5
    Lesley M
    Participant
    @latelesley

You have Brexit to thank for that email.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/passport-rules-for-travel-to-europe-after-brexit

Its them making sure everyone knows they need at least 6 months left on their passport if travelling abroad, now including the EU.

Passport SMS from UK govt 6
    Twitter Leaks
    Participant
    @bill

Isn’t just passport troubles:

COC’s, Certificates of Competencies as issued by MCA, Maritime Coastguard Agency, also issue a CEC, a Certificate of Equivalency is given to EU mariners that work on a UK flagged vessel. Other EU states do likewise, I have an Irish, Maltese and Cyprus CEC which allow me to work on those vessels.

Brexit means my CEC’s won’t be renewed and will expire on the date as indicated on the licence. For example my Irish one expires this summer. And that’s it, no more working on Irish flagged vessels for me.

That goes both ways, the Polish that P&O gave my job to years ago will lose their CEC’s and dismissed. Wonder how long before Clyde Marine call and offer Engineering Officer jobs with those ferries.

Twitter Leaks
    Participant
    @bill

Passport SMS from UK govt 8

Twitter Leaks
    Participant
    @bill

What about EHIC cards?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this: